I love trying out different DIY projects for the holiday season, and Easter is no exception! You can find endless inspiration on Pinterest for all types of Easter projects like egg decorating, table décor ideas and so much more.
So this next DIY was inspired by a post on Spoonful. It’s super fun and easy, so give it a try before the holiday! Good luck :)
- Rubber bands
- Food coloring
- Cups for dye
- Nylon stockings – cut into 3 in. pieces
- Flat leaves – mint, cilantro, dill, etc.
1. Boil eggs and let cool in a bowl of cold water while you prepare your dye colors. It’s best to use older eggs to boil because the shells will peel off easier when they’re ready to eat!
2. For each dye cup use 1 tsp. vinegar, ½ c. warm water and 10-20 drops of food coloring. Adjust measurements to dye cup size.
3. Dry egg and place the leaf on shell in desired position. Wrap leaf in place with nylon stocking and secure with rubber band.
4. Gently place egg in dye cup and let sit for 5 mins. Mix colors for unique effects! 2 mins in yellow + 3 mins in red etc.
5. Gently lift egg out of dye and place on dry, working surface. Remove rubber band and nylon (slowly!) and let dry completely.
How do you decorate Easter eggs? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Contributed from TyPennington.com