When it comes to summer cooking, I’m all about an easy, healthy salad…and what’s one of the best summer foods? Corn! I love the corn, tomato and avocado combo, which is why I was stoked when my friend Barrett from Valleybrink Road told me she’d create this amazing salad for us :)
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Avocado, Corn, and Lime (serves 4)
- 4 Medium heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced into rounds and then cut in half moons
- 1 avocado, pitted, sliced into wedges
- 2 pieces corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 2 small limes
- good-quality olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Carefully layer the tomato, avocado, corn, onion, and cilantro on a serving platter or shallow serving bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from both limes over the ingredients and drizzle with olive oil.
- Finish with a generous pinch of sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper.