Mother’s Day is this weekend, so I always like to think of fun and cute ways to treat my mom and show her how much I love and appreciate her. You don’t have to buy something to do this either!
Since I’m obsessed with baking, I made these yummy scones to share with my mom on Sunday. It’s the perfect treat if you’re stuck on a gift for your mom and they’re super easy to make too!
- 2 c. of all-purpose flower
- 3 tbs. of sugar
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 6 tbs. of cold unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. of heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- Strawberry jam and whipped cream for serving
*recipe from Martha Stewart website.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Use a knife to cut in the butter into small pieces about the size of small peas. Set bowl aside.
3. Using a fork, whisk together the cream and eggs in a separate bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the cream mixture. Stir lightly until the dough comes together. Make sure not to over mix.
4. Put the dough onto a floured work surface and with floured hands, gently pat the dough into a rectangle about ¾ inch thick. Using a cookie cutter cut out 8-10 rounds and place on lined baking sheet. Lightly brush the top of the cut outs with cream and sprinkle a small amount of sugar.
5. Put scones in oven and cook until golden brown, around 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Enjoy warm or cold!